28 May 2020
Tourism NI Industry Opportunity to get Involved in Recovery Planning
Tourism NI want to ensure that all businesses and stakeholders underpinning the NI tourism industry have the opportunity to inform and influence the planning and preparations for recovery. They are in the process of launching a new industry engagement platform which will be used to share updates on the work of the Working Group and to engage with the wider industry through discussion forums and surveys. The new platform can be found by clicking here.
Further information on engaging with the new Tourism Recovery Working Group can be found here.
Progress to Date
The Tourism Recovery Working Group led by Tourism NI and chaired by John McGrillen held its second meeting on Wednesday 20th May. Key areas of discussion included:
- Agreement of an initial set of priorities to raise with the Ministerial Steering Group
- Development of operational guidelines
- Proposed Tourism NI Marketing Campaign
The Working Group agreed an initial set of priorities to be tabled at the next meeting of the Steering Group on 19th June:
- The need for a timeline to facilitate planning for re-opening;
- Post-Covid-19 Operational Guidelines and clarity around the process for agreement and oversight;
- The development and implementation of a nationally recognised safety kitemark/chartermark along with agreement on its oversight;
- Regular, timely and relevant consumer sentiment analysis with a marketing campaign ready to run;
- Ongoing relevant financial support mechanisms;
- Grants and training to support implementation of new post COVID public health requirements